Workers Compensation Program
In case a New London Public School employee gets injured at work. Our Workers’ Compensation Program will assist employees receive:
Care from experienced physicians, coupled with an aggressive sports medicine approach to physical therapy.
Timely appointments for specialty care.
Pharmacy benefit program -- with no-out-of-pocket expense to the injured employee.
Durable medical equipment -- with no-out-of-pocket expense to the employee.
Rapid and appropriate return-to-work planning.
What To Do When You Are Injured:
When a Life-Threatening Injury Occurs at Work:
In the event of a life-threatening emergency dial 911 or seek immediate treatment at the closest emergency room or medical facility.
When a Non-Life–Threatening Injury Occurs at Work:
- Report the injury immediately to your supervisor. (He/she must report the claim to CIRMA either by phone at 800-OK-CIRMA or via the internet at NetClaim.net.)
- Seek immediate medical treatment at the initial care center designated by your employer.
- A network of approved medical providers is available online for your immediate access by using the appropriate Search Provider link (cirma.primehealthservices.com) at www.CIRMAcare.org.
- Follow the medical provider’s advice and keep your supervisor apprised of your work status.
- When released to return to work, please provide your supervisor with supporting medical documentation.
Please download the full document below for more information.